Material for Coders is a WordPress theme that I made from scratch. It is very easy to use but I think it might be nice to have at least one page for showing a bit of documentation, roadmap, changelog and everything else that can be related to the theme.
You can view the code and download it or create issues on GitHub or use WordPress to install.
A few points about the theme:
- Available in english, spanish, french and brazilian portuguese.
- It is open source and completely free. Because what you give to the community, the community you get it back.
- It is based on Bootstrap (called Material, but it does not use Material Lite or Materialize. I know).
- Was made thinking on developers, and works very well combining text and
pretags, you can check this blog.
- Bootstrap is fully integrated, you can use his components by hand writing them, or by using a plugin like Bootstrap Shortcodes (it works pretty well).
- You can enable or disable the sidebar (always or only in small screens).
- You can choose between
threefour different color schemes.
- You can change the footer phrase.
- It haves 2 widget zones (optionals): sidebar and footer.
- You can use a custom logo by uploading the image, or use the default text title.
- Choose to show or not the featured image, in lists or single’s by separately.
- Show post excerpt or full content (until the “read more” tag).
- Support for Jetpack’s infinite scroll.
Some examples of use
- This site, obviously.
- vasili.es Collaborator
- francastillo.com/blog Custom CSS
- alaquechulo.com Custom CSS
- lennyobez.be Collaborator
If you want to be shown here, use the contact form.
Next things and works
- Home page with specific widgets and more, work in progress.
- Complete the translation. Now available in english, french, spanish and portuguese, if you want to contribute, use the contact form.